1. Speak out. When you see injustice happening around you, speak against it. This may be a one-on-one conversation or it may mean going to your principal, school counselor, boss, or HR representative. Never stay silent.
2. Volunteer. We partner with a number of local organizations fighting injustices of all kinds and there are thousands more all over the world. Pick one and volunteer!
3. Make a contribution. One way you can take a stand at an individual level is by donating money to a group or organization that is trying to correct a specific injustice. Consider making a financial contribution to a group you think is doing good work.
4. Attend a meeting or peaceful protests/rallies. Depending on the specific injustice you are interested in standing up against, some groups will organize large public events to bring awareness to the issue and speak out against it. Attending one of these can be a great way to take a public stand for what you believe in.
5. Contact people who have the power to stop it. Whether it's an email or phone call, contact your local politicians, state senators, and media outlets to share your concerns for the injustice you see happening. Be sure to provide careful consideration and give a course of action that can be taken to stop the injustice from happening.